Saturday, June 03, 2006

A very happy Friday

I am pretty sure I have already mentioned that Chad and I are both taking advantage of our company's new flextime policy that went into effect this summer. We work an hour longer each day in order to have every other Friday off. This is probably not rocket science for a lot of you, but utilities tend to be pretty old-school and conservative, so this is a major leap forward for us. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying having every other weekend as a long weekend. Yesterday, we all slept in (even Liam!), then tested out the waffle maker I got for my birthday with a batch of banana waffles (which Liam positively inhaled). We went for a walk downtown to run some errands, and spent most of the rest of the day out in the backyard, blowing bubbles and playing with Liam's wagon, sidewalk chalk and (you guessed it) rubber balls. Between the Happy Fridays and the stat holidays (nevermind the vacation days that we are also planning to take over the next couple of months), it feels like we are hardly ever in the office. It is going to be tough going back to a regular workweek in October.

0 comments: