Thursday, June 22, 2006

What do you do with a drunken sailor?

Liam woke up at 4 a.m. this morning, and never went back to bed. Initially, his teeth were bothering him; and after he was awake, he decided there was too much fun to be had at dawn to go to sleep. I tried putting him back in his crib, and he cried; I tried bringing him to my bed with me, and he treated it as a giant trampoline, and kept poking me to wake up. By the time I got into work at 8 a.m. I felt like I had already put in a full day. When I picked Liam up from Cindy's after work, the early morning had taken its toll. Liam had spent the day walking like 'a drunken sailor', as Cindy put it, staggering around bleary-eyed, but still refusing to nap. Eventually it caught up to him and he fell and bonked his face on a watering can. Serves the little stinker right.

0 comments: