Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dread

There’s one last hurdle to pass prior to vacation. Tonight after work, I am going to pick Liam up from Cindy’s early… because he’s due at the doctor’s office for his 15-month shots. I am totally dreading it. Originally this appointment was scheduled for Tuesday, and I had to switch it because my presentation was at that time and I dared not change it (trying to schedule 8 employees for a meeting during the summer when everyone is on vacation is ridiculous). Too bad - I almost had Chad taking Liam to the doctor’s instead, and then decided at the last minute to reschedule and do it myself. What was I thinking? Something about how I enjoy the part of the visit when we have him weighed and measured, and I get to answer all the developmental questions. Now, faced with two pokes in a few short hours, I’m thinking that the tradeoff really isn’t worth it. Oh well… too late now. Poor little guy – I won’t even be able to look him in the eye when I pick him up.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily did amazingly well at her last series of shots. I think they start to realize that hey - that needle HURT but wasn't so bad. Hope he does well and isn't cranky for long - It really is harder on us than on them in most cases.