Thursday, July 06, 2006

Playdate

Tonight after dinner, we met Jeannine and Autum and went to the park. It takes some work to make our schedules jive, but it is so worth it to be able to catch up. I miss these people I used to see every week at our mommy group. Autum was happy to whiz down the slide; Liam liked the slide too, but preferred to pick up sticks and throw handfuls of gravel around. After the long weekend, Liam got to celebrate Canada Day all over again at Cindy's on Tuesday, complete with more facial tattoos and a souvenir flag. It was only when we resorted to dressing him in his swim trunks that I realized he doesn't have any other red clothes. Cindy also took her charges to the Jaycee wading pool; she said Liam was in heaven there (note to self: take him myself later this summer). This weekend, Aunty Katrina is coming to visit, there's a Roberts family reunion, and I think Chad is going to worm his way into the MacBarrs' pool one way or another. There's also the Wimbledon finals. You know what that means: waffles with strawberries for everyone!...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Who is everyone?

Carrie said...

Anyone who wants to come over and watch some tennis. I'm making a big batch, so there will be plenty!

Anonymous said...

I will have to settle for pancakes for Breakfast at Wimbledon (no waffle maker yet, but soon, I say!) But they will be pancakes made by mom and enjoyed on her couch so I am happy... see you Sunday.