Monday, August 07, 2006

At the beach

I was a major killjoy this weekend; it was a holiday weekend and I spent most of my time indoors studying. Or pretending to study. Or worrying about how I should be studying. We did make time for some fun stuff though; we blew through some Dairy Queen coupons a neighbour gave us for house-sitting for her, and we also made it out to the beach in Rondeau. Chad's BFF Carl was in town, with wife and child in tow. Little Ray is six months younger than Liam. At this age six months makes a big difference, but watch out Liam... Ray is definitely gaining on you. I think Chad and Carl have both watched too many Friends reruns - why is it that the first thing they do when they hit the beach is dig a giant hole? No matter - the kiddos loved the holes. In fact, when we were in Algonquin, Liam took great joy on beach days in jumping in other families' holes. Maybe digging giant holes on the beach is a universal thing... who am I to say.

0 comments: