Friday, August 25, 2006

Class of 2027

We spent part of this past week in Kingston, the first time I have really been back in the city (apart from a couple of quick drive-throughs) since I finished school back in '97. Chad and Liam humoured me with two days of There's where I used to live! There's where I used to take physics! There's where I used to wash my clothes! Yes, even a laundromat was able to incite some nostalgia in me (as well as much thankfulness that I can now do laundry under my own roof).

Of course, it was much easier to enjoy Kingston when it wasn't buried under four feet of snow in -20 C temperatures; I didn't have a lab, a midterm and a mech drawing all due on the same day; and I didn't have crazy roommates to contend with back at the hotel (just a little dude who decided once again to worm his way out of the hotel-issue crib and into the big bed with mom and dad). In the summertime Kingston's waterfront is hopping and the pace of life much more relaxed than what I remember living from September through April each year. For old time's sake we ate at Woodenheads and the Copper Penny and White Mountain, and took a drive by the penitentiary across the road from where I used to live (yes, Karla Homolka and I were neighbours!), and even tuned into CFRC FM 101.9 to see who is ruling the student airwaves these days.Liam climbing the old Battery walls. Feeding the ducks goldfish crackers (and Liam snacking on a few, too).
A windy walk along the waterfront - Liam's hat blew off about ten times until he took matters into his own hands and secured it nice and tight. Too bad he almost tumbled into Lake Ontario after that.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Carrie...I never would have guessed that you are a Justin Timberlake fan...

Carrie said...

I know!!

(*hangs head in shame*)