Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy anniversary to us

Next month is our fifth wedding anniversary. To celebrate, the company is sending Chad to Calgary for a week (I'm not sure whether it's customer meetings or a conference or just another boondoggle - there have been so many trips this summer, I've lost track). In an effort to stop the company from stealing all our fun, I bought a ticket to fly out and join him for the weekend after his business is done, and we have just booked ourselves in for 2 nights at Chateau Lake Louise (pictured at left). It's kind of pricey, but there's a buy one night, get one free offer on right now, which made it a more palatable splurge; and I've always admired the old CP hotels and never stayed at one before - if not now then when, right? I am nervous about leaving Liam for so long (3 nights) - I'm sure Gramma and/or Grampa Cook, who are moving into our house to stay with him, will do just fine; but what if I'm not fine? Too late to think about that now - we're set to go. We have the guidebook and are busy planning our weekend, which we hope involves much hiking (there are beautiful trails that skirt the lake and head up to the glaciers beyond) and some good Alberta steaks. Up until now we have followed those silly lists of traditional anniversary gifts (which has been terribly difficult to do). The fifth anniversary is wood. This year, we're going to take a hike through the forest and consider it done.

(I uploaded a bunch of photos last night and then had my post eaten. I'm having terrible luck with these vacation pics - will try again, maybe tonight.)

0 comments: