Sunday, August 20, 2006

Head to head

Last week as I was bitching and moaning about my upcoming exam to Cindy, she sympathized and said that she had just written an exam, too. Turns out she took an ECE course over the summer and was just completing it as well. I love that she is interested enough in what she does to do that kind of thing. She said the course was great and gave her lots of ideas; and lately she's been on a roll with the kids, so they're reaping the benefit. On Liam's last day with her before her current holidays, she took the kids out to her sister's farm to see the cows as the culmination of Farm Week - complete with individual cow themed ID badges she made for them - and then spent the afternoon at Jaycee Pool with them for the last time (because it closes in September). The very next day she started holidays and I was home alone with Liam, and the pressure was enormous. It's no longer enough to assume that Liam will entertain himself by fishing some long-forgotten toy out of the toy box; I feel like I need to be more proactive in putting new opportunities and activities in front of him. On Friday, we went for two walks, made a trip to the park, did a finger painting, went to the library for some new books, and went for groceries. I think Liam enjoyed his day, but there's no way I can keep this pace up for the next two weeks.

0 comments: