Tuesday, August 29, 2006

In stores today

... and also in my stereo. This is Chantal Kreviazuk's first album in 4 years and I have been dying waiting for it to come out. I'm a wee bit obsessed with her, in case you didn't know. Anyway, it's been 4 long years, during which time Chantal has been pimping herself out as a spokesperson for Garnier Nutrisse hair colour. And every time I've seen the commercial, I've thought to myself... please get yourself back into the studio, and spend your time writing and recording songs instead of filming commercials! Well, today the new album was released, much to my delight, and Liam and I were at the store first thing this morning to buy it. We picked up a copy... jumped back in the car... tore open the plastic to pop our new CD into the stereo... and what do you think fell out into my lap? A dollar-off coupon for Garnier Nutrisse, of course. Chantal, it's a good thing I love you... I will overlook this horrible lapse of judgment.

For what it's worth, I'm not completely sold on the new album (yet). Half of it sounds like the old material of hers that I like so much; half of it sounds too heavily influenced by her husband, Raine Maida. If I wanted his music I would go buy an Our Lady Peace CD. Chantal and Raine are coming to our little town in a couple of months and I have already had my tickets for quite some time. Chad and I were speculating about what Raine would be contributing to the show; now that I see how her music has changed, directionally, with his influence, I think I know. Sigh. Hopefully she sticks to her older catalogue.

Here are a few gratuitous Liam pics - you know, just to keep it all about him.

Liam and Henry during our road trip last week.

Liam and I enjoying his first Beaver Tail at the Toronto Zoo. (Who am I kidding; he was more interested in the juice box - he is slightly obsessed with them.) I love that Beaver Tails are starting to sweep the nation! It's a Killaloe Sunrise, of course. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a beaver tail? LOL

You are both extremely photogenic, though I suppose you know that already. ;)

Carrie said...

You are too kind!

Beaver Tails are kind of like flat, whole wheat doughnuts (which taste better than they sound)... Killaloe is covered in cinnamon sugar and lemon juice. Mmmmm!!!