Thursday, September 28, 2006

The beginnings of a big boy room

It's hard to believe that we're thinking of deserting the crib already, but for the past couple of months we have begun talking about moving Liam into a big boy bedroom in the new year. I have only a few ideas in mind, most of which hinge on taking a look at what's out there; it really depends on what I can find. But one thing I have known since the start is that I want to get Liam bunk beds. I always thought they were the coolest when I was a kid, and since the whole experience of having Liam is just a chance to relive the kind of childhood I always wanted... ha ha... bunk beds he is getting. I wanted something in an antique pine stain to match the armoire that is also in his room; and I love the look of a twin over double bed, though wasn't sure that was how things would wind up. We have spent a couple of months searching online, checking out department stores and furniture stores and Pottery Barn Kids... thought we had found something at The Bay that was OK; not head-over-heels beautiful, but fine for the job; and then today at lunch, at a local little furniture store, Chad found this beauty. I love it. I love it. It's a bit more than the set at The Bay, but much more beautiful, and The Bay's set was also twin over twin; this will probably last Liam longer. We may still look around some, but I have a feeling that this is it. Now, if only I could luck out and find the bedding...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really a beautiful set of bunk beds.

megan said...

Where do we locally have a furniture store that serves lunch??????

Carrie said...

He was shopping for furniture at lunch. Not eating lunch at a furniture store. You know what I mean!

McDonnell's, for what it's worth...