Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Normalcy

After a whirlwind little while, we are back to normal now, at least for another ~6 days. I spent the rest of Sunday alternating through working on my presentation for class last night, and trying to finish a book. The presentation being over, I am a much happier person. I am commuting to the University of Windsor to take an international marketing class, and it's awful. I had a group presentation to do with 6 other students who didn't seem to understand why I couldn't just meet them on campus for half an hour on Wednesday morning or Friday afternoon to work on things. Not only that, but someone in my group came up with the bright idea of all of us wearing costumes to do the presentation. Traditional Pakistani costumes (the presentation being a case study on Bollywood). With the University of Windsor being The Most Multicultural Place on Earth, it only took a few knocks on her fellow residents' doors to procure 7 outfits... so there was no way out of it. By the time I drove home last night I wasn't feeling well at all, and I pretty much puked my guts out the minute I walked in the door. Which was kind of funny, because the only time I threw up when I was pregnant with Liam (the 8 times during labour aside) was after I drove home from a night class at the University... the only other time I took an on-campus class... and I even remember starting to feel sick at the exact same place on the highway: the Queen's Line exit in Tilbury. Freaky freaky.

This morning I immediately drafted an email to my professor to beg off the remaining group work required of the course, and he's agreed to let me do an individual assignment in lieu. And I didn't even have to pull out my I'm-pregnant-and-sick trump card to do it. Woot!

Tonight I joined a book club (I know... about 5 years after it became fashioable to do so), which is why I spent most of Sunday trying to cram in the last 200 pages of Sweetness in the Belly. It was slow to start, but thankfully quick to finish. And now that it's over, I am going to put a hold on all school-related and even school-like endeavours for a few days (because really, book club is a bit schoolish). I'm just going to play the part of the high-school dropout and kick back for now.

2 comments:

megan said...

I hope you are at least learning something at school. I am driving all the way to London to watch movies about the horrible conditions of the Slovac Roma people. I swear it was like a 90 minute "save the children" commercial. At least I didn't puke when I got home.

Dawn said...

a book club now too???? please bottle just a smidge of your energy and effervesance and send some to me!
sorry about the pukes......I can send some of my leftover Zofran your way in repayment for some energy?!