Saturday, September 23, 2006

Rock-a-bye

Last night, for the first time in ages, Liam fell asleep in my arms. It has been months since that has happened. Partly because he is pretty good at falling asleep on his own; partly because things have been so frickin' hectic around here lately - there's always been something to run and tend to the minute I think I can safely put him down without any fuss - housework, homework, even something on TV. Although we're having a busy weekend (Chad and I participated in a volunteer tree planting this morning, then whipped up some goodies for a bake sale this afternoon, I'm in the midst of photo-editing overload as I try to work through my Amazing Race post-processing, and I have the Group Assignment From Hell due on Monday), last night none of that mattered, and Liam and I just rocked and rocked, and I enjoyed every snuggly minute of it. Making a vow, no matter how hectic things get, to enjoy that experience a little more often.

(That's not Liam in the bottom photo - it's his buddy Ryan at the apple orchard. The blue eyes are really the only give-away.)

0 comments: