Wednesday, September 20, 2006

An update on #2

Later on today, I have an ultrasound booked to check up on #2. (I fear that #2 will always be referred to as #2, and will have some sort of Austin Powers phobia as a result; though it could be worse - at least I am not referring to them as Mini-Me.) This will be the second ultrasound and I am looking forward to making sure that there is still actually somebody in there. Since everything seems to happen faster the second time around, I should be feeling some movement soon, and it will be so reassuring to have daily confirmation that things are still on track. Even more exciting... with Liam the heartbeat predicted a boy at every single appointment... so I am dying to know what the heart rate is for #2. At my last appointment Dr. Bailey was still unable to pick it up via doppler, so this will be my first chance to start guessing boy or girl.

Speaking of which - for the first month, I was totally convinced this one is a girl. I have no idea why, and it shocked me, because I've always thought we will have all boys (and I would LOVE to have another boy). Lately I've lost that feeling, and now I could see it going either way. In fact, now I tend to refer to the baby as 'he' all the time. Not because I have an inkling that it's a boy... I think it's just that having a boy is all I've known. It's what I'm used to.

I am mostly over the nausea, but am still hungry all the time. Consequently I am also starting to show. (Just how much of it is baby and how much of it is food remains to be seen.) I wasn't into maternity clothes until 18 weeks with Liam, but I doubt I will be able to hold out that long this time. With Liam I never had any cravings whatsoever, but I seem to be addicted to Caesar salad right now (not so good for the potential raw egg content, but no ill effects so far) as well as soup of any and every kind. Aside from one glorious big steak dinner in Calgary, I had a soup and Caesar salad at every meal. What can I say... it's working for me.

Something that's NOT working for me right now: scrapbooking! Since the beginning of July I have only done 2 pages, this one included. I am woefully behind on Liam's album. I just haven't felt much like it recently (or had the time to get around to it, either). Hopefully once the nasty weather sets in and we are cooped up inside more, I will get my mojo (see - Austin Powers is taking over our lives) back.

0 comments: