Monday, April 30, 2007

Growth spurt

Last week, my mom came to stay with us for a few days. It was great for me because she cleaned my dirty house and loved spending time just holding Mallory, which allowed me to (a) spend some good quality one on one time with Liam and (b) - perhaps more importantly - sleep!!

Unfortunately, I think we got the timing of her visit wrong. Last week I was still doing OK. This week may be a different matter altogether. Mallory seems to have hit that two-week growth spurt - she's a little late, but she's making up for lost time. She will not stop eating!!! I spent more time up with her last night than I did in bed, and my longest stretch of sleep was 1.5 hours. Several times I was up again just 30 or 40 minutes after settling her down. I fed her about six times between 7 a.m. and noon today. I know all this effort goes toward helping her grow, which in turns goes toward helping her sleep through the night, so one day it will all pay off...

...but today is not that day. Liam is napping now, so I'm going to go lie down - I have been waiting for this moment all day.

1 comments:

megan said...

This is were you cave and sleep with the kid until she goes 2 hours without eating.