Thursday, April 19, 2007

I survived!

Yesterday was my first day on my own with two kiddos... and I survived! OK, I admit, it wasn't a full day. I had to take Mallory to Dr. Bailey's office, so Gramma and Grampa Cook came over to play with Liam in the meantime and save me from carting him over there, too. Good thing; I had some trouble getting out the door with just her in tow. One of those 4-poops-in-a-row situations (WHEN am I going to figure out when she's really and truly done?), plus a change of clothes as a result of those poops, which necessitated a two-piece outfit because all her one-piece sleepers were in the wash. It was harried to say the least.

The good news is that, in the week since we left the hospital, Mallory has gained one pound and 3 ounces. She's going to be a little pork chop, just like Liam.

I am managing to get into a groove now... we spend early morning around the house, and head outside for a walk or playtime around 10:30 - 11:00. Then we all crash in the afternoon - for me, it's a choice between getting some rest, and getting some stuff done around the house, and I have to admit - the sleep is winning out these days (and the house is showing it!) This afternoon my crash time was interrupted by the service call from Cogeco. We're back up and running - hopefully my days of digital isolation are behind me!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The similarities are incredible.
Mallory looks pretty red in that picture.
Carrie, the house did not look bad but if you ever want some help please let me know.