Thursday, April 26, 2007

It seemed like a good idea at the time

Yesterday I started going a little stir-crazy from having been cooped up with Mr. Sicko earlier in the week. It was pouring rain, but in Liam’s mind, there is no better time to get outside than when the puddles are fresh. So I decided to brave the elements and get us all out for a walk in spite of the weather.

Liam has rain gear to keep him dry, and although I don’t (where does a grown woman find cool rainboots, anyway?), I did manage to find a big old golf umbrella that was supposed to keep me dry (do you see where this is going???) After much deliberation, I decided to take Mallory in the old single stroller, rather than fuss with the weather shield on the new double stroller – something I have yet to figure out.

And so I had it coming to me when we got exactly half way around the block, and Liam decided he’d had enough of puddle jumping and worm watching, and he wanted to be carried home. After trying to talk him out of it, unsuccessfully, there was nothing left to do but sock the umbrella away in the cargo bay and oblige. It was quite a feat, let me tell you – carrying 30+ pounds of him in one hand and wrangling the stroller in the other. Liam and Mallory made it home dry and warm. I, on the other hand, was pretty much a drowned rat.

Live and learn. Tomorrow, when it’s supposed to be warm and sunny again, I am going to get out the weather shield and figure out how it works. The lesson has been learned.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

"where does a grown woman find cool rainboots, anyway?"

Have you been to Target.com
AWESOME funky boots! TONS to choose from, if they don't ship to you and you like a pair, let me know! I'll take care of it!

Amazing shot of Mallory btw!

Unknown said...

There's also been some cool solid grey and navy women's rubber boots at Winners these past couple weeks. You should look for them!

megan said...

Crocs makes a pair in all kinds of colors!

Anonymous said...

I LOVVVVVE the photo. When do we get to see the rest of her nursery?

Anonymous said...

The photo is so original, I just love it. I would like a copy of it.
Too bad about getting wet.

Anonymous said...

What a great picture. Move over Anne Geddes you now have competition.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to go back and read the post again - I was too distracted by how incredible that photo is.

Seriously. That's AWESOME.

Carrie said...

Thanks everyone. :) After posting it, I thought maybe I should have added a disclaimer, i.e. "No babies were harmed in the shooting of this photo..."

Our Winners has no rainboots! And Target doesn't ship to Canada. I am almost afraid to check their website lest I find something I love... Dawn, are you sure you don't mind turning into my own personal P.O. Box?? :)