Friday, April 20, 2007

Snap happy

For a long time there, I didn't have my camera out very much - at least, not as much as usual. Since I went off work in March though, I've had a lot more time to play with it, a lot more daylight hours to make use of it, and a lot more time with Liam to have someone to take photos of.

Since Mallory has arrived, of course, the photo ops have grown exponentially. I know I'm supposed to be getting lots of rest right now, but her newborn squishiness won't last long and this is my only chance to catch it before it's gone. So if I sometimes spend Liam's naptime taking pictures of her instead of sleeping, well... I will catch up eventually.

There's three types of photos: first, the typical snapshot... I've been trying to get a good one of both kids together, but so far not much luck. I may need to wait until I've got someone to help me bribe Liam into holding still in order to accomplish this feat on a more polished level: Then there are the photos that I put a little bit of thought/effort into. Mallory may just be lying on her change table in this One Week shot, but at least I made sure the blanket underneath her coordinated:And here, I pulled the blind up after realizing how horribly the red and brown stripes clashed with the bassinette: And then there are the Grand Poobah photos, the ones that require the right setup and waiting for the right time of day for the right light to come through the right window... exhausting to finagle and arrange, but these are some of my very favourite photos of all. Watch out, Liam Shrine - some of these are just crying out for a frame.I'm getting lots of good Liam material these days, too, which will get posted one of these days - so no need to worry that he's been cast aside.

2 comments:

megan said...

OH MY GOD!!!!
With her eyes open she looks just like Chad!!!!

I have never seen her eyes in person...you are so right.

Jada said...

Beautiful photos!!!