Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Two

The only reason I've been AWOL since the weekend is that our internet service has gone haywire. We have a service call on Thursday, but I seem to be able to get on in five-minute spurts now. Forgive me if this cuts off mid-post. How aggravating is that - I have a serious photo backlog accumulating!!

Now I keep writing posts and they are being eaten... arrrrrghhhhh!!!

On Friday, Liam turned two. *sniff* I spent Thursday night being all weepy as I put him to bed. How did he get so darn old? I think bringing Mallory home this week really clinched it for us. We both nearly collapsed under his weight the first time we picked him up after coming home from the hospital. Anyway, time marches on... nothing left to do but make the most of it.

So we did. On Friday morning when Liam woke up, we surprised him with his gift - a train set and matching table. When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he said, Cheese! - so we compromised by picking out this gift for him, but also ordering a huge cheese platter for his party, and letting him eat (almost) as much as he wanted to. Luckily the train table was a hit, as we knew it would be. He received some of the Thomas cars for Christmas and knows them all by name, tucks them into bed each night (bed being behind the french door in the playroom) and runs them around his zoo, since he was lacking a real track. It was about time they found a proper home. He enjoys playing with the train table anytime, but the best is when dad joins in, they each have a train, and Chad chases him around the track. It makes him scream. It's hilarious.

The party itself was on Sunday, and we kept things easy on ourselves by ordering everything in. It turns out that Liam is not so much a fan of cake and ice cream, but of course chowed down on the aforementioned cheese and also loved the pickles, especially when dipped in the French Vanilla fruit dip. The kid is nuts.

Other big-hit gifts of the day: his new bike, which he is very proud of, but prefers to walk beside rather than get on and ride; more train gear to go along with the new table; and a storybook about a cat named Captain. The coincidence makes him laugh hysterically. Like, who would ever be silly enough to name their cat that?

Liam kept himself awake for most of the day, but finally asked to be put to bed late in the afternoon. By the time he woke up, all our guests had gone home. The first thing out of his mouth upon waking up was, "Where's Grampa Ralph?" Poor little guy - I think he enjoyed being the centre of attention.

I'm sure if I had written this immediately after the party, I'd have much more to say, but you know how it is... a few days go by, and then it's all a blur. I hope to be able to get online again and post more this week. The photo backlog I have right now is truly astounding. More to come (fingers crossed).

1 comments:

Dawn said...

welcome back to blogland!
I type all of my posts in a word processing program and save it therer first, then just paste it over.