Friday, May 25, 2007

On vacation

Yesterday, we packed Liam up and shipped him off with Gramma and Grampa Cook - he is out at the trailer even as I type. The past almost-24-hours have been a welcome break - it's amazing what being back down to one kid has done for me in terms of resting and recharging. I ran some errands yesterday without worrying about schlepping both kids in and out of carseats. I took Mallory into the office for a visit - something I'd been promising to do for weeks now. Normally in the afternoons I might not have any more than 90 minutes while Liam is napping to do a quick cleanup and nap myself - yesterday I got some cleaning done, and took a long, luxurious nap, too. (Mallory seems to be the ideal cosleeping candidate - she will sleep just fine as long as she is nestled up next to you. I am especially well rested today because I spent half the night taking advantage of Liam's absence and snoozing with her in his bed. Methinks we need a bigger house so we can get our spare bedroom back!!) I had the camera out and took a bunch of photos that took some time to set up. I made dinner. And then last night, Chad and I just sat there looking at each other for some time, saying, "What do you want to do? I don't know, what do you want to do?" - so lost were we without multiple rounds of Train and Mr. Potato Head and five bedtime stories and just one bath to arrange, not two. (The fact that there was no new The Office/Grey's to contend with might also have had a tiny bit to do with it...)

*sigh*

I'm starting to miss him right now, but... thank you, Gramma and Grampa... we have enjoyed our break!!

2 comments:

megan said...

What did you do to Mallory? She looks totally pissed.

Carrie said...

That's what she looks like all the time... remember... she takes after Chad!!