Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Heavens to Betsy... steer clear of Etsy!

I have a new vice in life, and it's Etsy. Honestly, I understand that I am not making any money while on maternity leave and I am not purposely looking for stuff to buy... but this place has me totally reeled in.

For those who haven't heard and aren't afraid of getting hooked - Etsy is an online marketplace for handmade goods. Meaning, anyone can set up a storefront there and sell their wares, but the point of it is supposed to be that it supports artists. Well, let me tell you... there are some very talented, very clever people out there.

First off I discovered Emily Martin. Where have I been that I didn't know about her before? I love every single one of her paintings. I ordered these Little Bandits prints to hang in the kids' playroom:And also this one, called The Cupcake Peddlers, for Mallory's room:I couldn't resist the red hair on the girl, nor the cute little hedgehog sidekick. These prints are totally reasonably priced, but even the artist's original paintings are affordable. I am totally keeping an eye on her storefront. She sometimes takes on commissioned work - I would love to someday have her do something with a little redheaded pair!

Also tagged as my 'Favorites':
I totally want this outfit for Mallory - so, so cute! And some sweet little felt hairclips like this:Is this quilt not gorgeous?OK... deep breath... step away from the computer!! No more surfing! Thou shalt not covet... thou shalt not covet... right???

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh yeah, can spend hours on there! I've dropped some moula to some artists there quite a few times!

That quilt is adorable......looks like there may be some Amy Butler fabrics in there.