Friday, June 08, 2007

NINO

NINO stands for 'Nine In, Nine Out' which is a popular theory among babywearers. Basically it states that after being carried in utero for nine months, babies should also be carried for an additional nine months outside of the womb to ensure maximum developmental success (i.e. the old 'if you don't do this, your kid will have the IQ of patio furniture' guilt trip). Well, Liam hated the Snugli from Day 1, and he seems OK so far, so I'm not sure that not babywearing has any lasting ill effects. But I do consider it lucky that Mallory loves the Snugli... because honestly, with two kiddos, having a free pair of hands becomes that much more important.

Mallory loves the Snugli enough that I justified branching out and ordering a Babyhawk. It just arrived this week and I looooooove it (and so does Mallory!) For now, I use it to carry her essentially the same way as the Snugli, on my front. Down the road, you can adjust the ties to use it as a hip or back carrier, thereby extending its shelf life. They had about 200 fabric choices and ten strap colour choices... here's mine... so pretty!!

I don't really wear it around the house... at least, not yet... but I do wear it when taking both kids out in public... it makes it a lot easier to chase Liam around at the grocery store or OEYC when I don't have 12 pounds of Mallory in one hand.

Now I just need to find some more pink and brown clothes for myself, so we can all match. :)

0 comments: