Sunday, June 10, 2007

Two months

Yesterday, little miss turned two months old. I am planning to write a monthly summary for her... just haven't gotten around to it yet. This is lucky for Miss Mallory, because yesterday she was up from 4 a.m. til 6:30 a.m. inclusive and I had very little that was nice to say to her after that. On the other hand, she slept through the night last night from 9:30 p.m. til 6 a.m. this morning... so if I can find the time to write it today, she'll be golden.

The reason why the sleep issue has taken on such heightened importance is that Chad is out of town for the weekend and I am flying solo. It is funny just how appreciative I am of my kids' inclination to take a nap sometimes, and yesterday they pulled through for me like champs. By contrast, the worst thing that's happened to Chad this weekend is that he was forced to choke down a piece of foie gras along with his lobster tail appetizer when his clients took him out to some outrageously fancy dinner. The foie gras would make me puke, but otherwise I have very little sympathy for him.To be honest, I do have some sympathy for Chad. While he is being treated very nicely indeed, it still sucks for him that he has to take a business trip on a weekend, and fancy restaurants are not really his thing anyway.

I needed to get out of the house myself this weekend, lest I go crazy, so we packed our lunch into our picnic hamper (which just may be the first time we have used it since receiving it as a wedding gift 5+ years ago - remember when picnic hampers were the hot wedding gift to give?) and while Chad is in glitzy Montreal, the kids and I headed for glitzy Mud Creek. OK, OK... maybe not so much on the same wavelength. It did impress Liam though, so mission accomplished. I haven't been able to force that much of his lunch down his throat for weeks. Take it outside and I guess suddenly it becomes much more appealing.Afte we all woke up from our naps, I tried to take Mallory's monthly photo, which is not an easy thing to do with a toddler running around trying to help. Mostly his 'help' consists of sticking one of his appendages into the frame at the most inopportune time. Lately he has wanted nothing to do with the camera, but yesterday he insisted on climbing up on the chair to sit with Mallory and did not object when I kept snapping. I got this one keeper. Following it is the usual thing that happens when Liam has mauled Mallory with his hugs and kisses just a bit too much and she starts to cry uncle.

0 comments: