Wednesday, July 18, 2007

14 weeks

As I was saying, Mallory doesn't usually go to bed until about 10 p.m., which is far too late for my taste. She has a quick half hour or so snooze after dinner each night and is then up for a couple more hours before going down for good. On Monday night she went down for said nap, but then slept and slept and slept... finally I woke her up to change her cloth diaper (she wears a disposable overnight) and take off her skirt. The cute orange ruffled top stayed on, because even a diaper change was not enough to rouse her. I put her back in the crib and even though I feared she would be up and raring to go at about 2 a.m., she made it clear through the night, from 7 to 7, just up for a quick 3 a.m. feed as usual.

The only casualties in the whole process were my poor boobs, which, denied their usual evening feeding, were mighty sore by about midnight.

I had hoped this was the start of an earlier bedtime for her... but last night she was up until 10:30 again. *sigh* Liam was sleeping 7-7 by 4 months... I don't think she's going to follow suit. Which is too bad, because right now I could really be using the time in the evenings to finish off my course work. I have a term paper to get out the door, and my final exam to prep for. I got a C+ on my last assignment. Not good! On par with the class average, but still... not good. I have a lot of making up to do in the next few weeks.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

she is such a little doll! So sorry she hasn't fallen into a sleep pattern just yet!