Thursday, July 19, 2007

The artist formerly known as Liam

Chad is out of town again on another vacation, er, business trip. This time he's in Chicago. (It's the same trip that Liam and I tagged along on last year, and we did consider doing so again; but let's face it, I had trouble rounding up enough garbage bags to keep Liam dry last time - the thought of gathering twice as many to take care of Mallory too, well, it's mind-boggling.)

So, here we are. Yesterday morning was a wet one, so I took the kids down to the OEYC to get us out of the house. Liam does enough running around like a chicken with its head cut off while we're there to tire him out for a good afternoon nap. (So much to do; so little ability to stay put and partake in one activity when he might be missing out on something across the room.) Unfortunately I can't say the same for Mal, and she not only put off her afternoon nap until Liam was almost up, but she then stayed up til nearly 11 p.m. last night. So do you think I got any work done? Yeah, not so much.

*sigh*

And just to stick it to me a little more, sometime in the last three days, Cogeco took Marie Antoinette off the Video On Demand menu. Because it just figures that I would have planned days ago to put my feet up last night and order it as a little Chad's away treat, only to be denied. Instead, I stayed up well past midnight to finish my book, and was then treated to a 5:39 a.m. wakeup call from Liam this morning. Naptime cannot come soon enough today!

0 comments: