Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Starting at the beginning....

No sooner had I hit 'publish' last night than I heard the wailing start upstairs. Liam was up... and he was up until well after midnight. Refused to go back to his bed. Finally I caved and let him sleep with me, which was kind of a catch 22. It meant I could finally go to bed... but it meant I didn't sleep well... since he kicks and turns and thrashes all night long! Ah well. Daddy's away and maybe that's what was bothering him? Both kids were then up before 6 a.m. today. Where do they get the energy????So, back to Friday, where I left off. Chad's cousin Jeff got married Friday night so that was our big outing for the day. Chad decided to turn it into some father-son bonding time by taking Liam up to London on the train (since Via is running a 'kids ride free' promo for the summer.) Liam was pretty excited to go to the train station and wait for it to pull in. I wised up this time, and left Mallory sleeping in the car; last time we were at the train station to pick Chad up, the noise the train made pulling in freaked her right out.I can't tell you what transpired on the train, since it was a No Girls Allowed event and Mallory and I had to drive up to London to meet them. I do know that it involved several new dollar store toys and some snacks. That kid is spoiled rotten!We went for lunch and then napped in our hotel room, then got ready for the big event. I got these two shots before the ceremony started, as well as our family pictures. That was pretty much it for the picture taking though. Mallory needed to be soothed to sleep and Liam needed to be corralled. Seriously.Ah yes, another one of the family shots I like. Credit goes to Megan for this one.Remember how I said Liam needed to be corralled? Outdoor weddings in parklike settings are beautiful, but they seem to make Liam think it's time to run. The kid had a lot of energy to burn. Luckily I managed to keep him away from the 'I dos' and although I didn't see much of the ceremony, I think most of the other guests DID.This last one came off the MacBarr camera, though I think credit goes to Cory this time around. This shot pretty much sums up Friday night for Liam.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I LOVE your necklace!