Friday, July 13, 2007

A 'trash the dress' session of my own


Dawn's latest trash the dress adventure got me thinking about a photo I took a while ago and have yet to post. This one is from back in May - I think Mallory is about six weeks old here and yes, that's my wedding dress she's lying on top of. Back when Liam was approaching his first birthday, I thought it would be cool to find some sort of shot I could take of him every year to mark how he grows. I never did find an idea all that great, and no, I didn't get around to repeating it this year (though having a 4-day-old baby to contend with at the time might have had something to do with it). I like the wedding dress idea much more. Number one, you don't have to leave home to do it, and number two, it's much more meaningful than the cannon! As for the dress, it has very little sentimental value to me (a few weeks after the wedding it was more like, "What was I thinking?", but that's another story altogether). So if she spits on it or worse, it's not the end of the world. I think it will be super cute in a few years' time to have a photo of her playing dress-up in it. I'd rather get some use out of it than leave it gathering dust in a box for the next 50 years.

3 comments:

megan said...

Do you think it is too late for me to start this with the girls? I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! I wish I'd thought of that with Emily...not that I can't start with some pictures now - but be still my heart, that's a beautiful idea!!

Dawn said...

Loved it when I saw it a few weeks ago and love it even more now!!!!!!! Especially love the annual photo idea!