Monday, July 23, 2007

Uncle!!

So, one thing I like to do with the kids is make sure I get a photo of them in pretty much every outfit - especially if said outfit is a gift. Way, way back in March, before Mallory was even a blip on the radar, I got a package in the mail from Cafe Press. I had ordered from them before, but not recently, so I was a little puzzled until I opened the package and saw that it was a baby gift from Dawn consisting of a pair of matching tees emblazoned with: BLOG FODDER. Get it? I thought they were so cute, and while I have several shots of Liam wearing his over the past few months, I have been hiding them and waiting to get a shot of both kids in them together to post. First I had to wait for Mallory to grow into hers a bit - and then the real struggle began...

Let's just say that getting a two year old and a three month old both in the same shot looking good, well, it's darn near impossible. Add to that the fact that I was trying to keep their clothes looking good, i.e. shirts smoothed out enough to be read. Ummm... not so easy! I went through 78 shots on Friday trying to accomplish this (and I wonder when my camera dies after only 3 years???) And there weren't really any keepers in the bunch... certainly not any that looked as I'd envisioned when I started. I think, ladies and gentlemen, that this is as good as it gets these days. (Yeah, here's a couple cute ones of Liam... but only because Mallory, who is looking ridiculous, has been cropped out of the picture!)

1 comments:

Dawn said...

aw, how cute are they? The out-takes are great!