Monday, August 13, 2007

Another version of keeping-it-brief

Chad is back to work today, so things have returned to (somewhat) normal. After a week in Algonquin and a week of fun day trippin', as well as some not-so-fun stuff (like a long-overdue dentist appointment, and a pedicure that you'd think should rank on the fun side, but I hate people touching my feet so really it registers on the not-so-fun side, but it's worth it), we are back to our routine. Though not quite. We had friends over this morning rather than grocery shopping and I think I hear the siren call of an empty pool begging us to come swim this afternoon. Anyway, I digress.

Yesterday we had the Roberts annual summer family reunion-slash-GG's birthday party. In the interests of keeping this short so I can get some schoolwork done during the now-occurring naptime - since I have really not gotten much schoolwork done lately - I will spare you the details, but I have to say a big thanks to our hosts Paul and Peggy who gave Liam his first opportunity to sit on a motorcycle. Liam, it must be said, is motorcycle-crazy; and he was completely in awe of sitting on this hog. Helmet, goggles, gloves (gloves and goggles came later) and all. Although the entire time, the voice in my head just kept saying: over my dead body... over my dead body!! I still hope he loses the motorcycle obsession when he's older!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture, Carrie! Too bad smiles were gone by then!