Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Couldn't make it up, even if I tried

On account of Mallory's sleep issues, I have tried just about every method of putting her to bed that you can imagine:
  • Drowsy, wide awake and already out cold
  • Wrapped up tight and half naked
  • Cold bedroom and warm bedroom
  • Music-and-lightshow and complete darkness and quiet
  • etc.

None of these factors seem to matter to her all that much, except for one: she will not willingly go to bed until (a) Liam is already in bed and (b) Chad has kissed her goodnight.

I know this sounds crazy, and Chad didn't believe me when I told him about her conditions, either. I can understand her not wanting to be in her room while Liam is still running around having fun. But needing to say goodnight to Chad? I find that hilarious. And yet, it's true: put her to bed myself, and she starts howling within seconds. Retrieve her from her crib, take her to Chad, let him kiss her and say goodnight, return her to her crib, and all is peaceful.

Well. This week Chad is out of town on business again. Meaning no kiss goodnight... meaning sheer madness ensues. Monday night, she was extremely fussy and was more than an hour late going to bed. Our funny little discovery is not so funny when daddy's not home. Chad is back on Thursday - and it can't come quick enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the little clips in Mal's hair! :)

Dawn said...

ouch! that's a tough one!
Maybe keep a shirt that Chad has worn in the crib with her?? Maybe smelling her daddy will settle her down easier?

Don't know about you but it drives me nuts that the kids gravitate towards DADDY so much when we do all the MANUAL LABOR so to speak and, for the most part, spend the most time with them !??? My boys yearn for daddy too at bedtime!