Friday, September 21, 2007

Explains why we're doing so much laundry these days

When Mallory started on solids, it took her a few days to really warm up to the idea. After she warmed up, though, we noticed that she would start each meal in good spirits, but fall apart from there, usually ending each bowl of cereal screaming. At first I attributed this to the fact that she's cutting teeth and maybe the spoon was irritating her gums, but I think I have figured out the real problem now. The fact is, she is ticked that we keep taking the spoon out of her mouth. Mmmm, here's this yummy mouthful of cereal and then - hey, wait a minute! Get that spoon back here! It has not yet clicked for her that the spoon needs to be refilled and that it is indeed coming back. This morning she screamed so much during breakfast that Chad said "Mal, you are making me want to go to work!"... and I had to agree with him - mealtimes definitely are not fun like this. Please tell me it is just a passing phase!

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Both boys did the same thing, LOVED their cereal! I would sometimes feed Noah double fisted with spoons to avoid the screams! Cause when he would scream he would SPEW the cereal all over the place!