Friday, September 07, 2007

The loss of the synchronized nap

This is why I am doing an even worse job than normal of replying to emails, getting stuff posted, doing stuff around the house, etc. For several months I had the luxury of having Mallory go down for a nap at pretty much the same time Liam does each afternoon. Well... no more. Right now she is on the floor beside me, chewing on Liam's blocks (something that drives him crazy with possessiveness when he is around to see her do it, but that is probably another post in and of itself) and scootching around. She is not officially crawling yet, but I don't think it can be long now, because she is able to drag, pivot, turn and roll all over the place. Anyway... the loss of the synchronized nap stinks on two levels. One, obviously I have just lost my 'me' time. And two, what usually happens is that Mallory now goes down for a nap right as Liam is waking up... which means no more going out to do things as soon as he is up - we are housebound for the afternoon.

Oh well... at least this didn't happen until after I finished school! I don't know what I would have done then!!

(This was us out getting our mums for our planters this morning. Sorry, Megan, it is (un)officially FALL!)

1 comments:

Dawn said...

YAY AUTUMN! I love FALL! All of my mums are planted and I will get shots of the house tonight! We are also trying something new in the windowboxes.....a spooky, eerie theme......we got ONE done so far, 6 more to go!

oh, and.........she's almost crawling!????? Say it isn't so! Where does the time go?????