Friday, November 30, 2007

The advent calendar the internet built (or, with friends like these, who needs Martha Stewart??)

So last year, Dawn posted this great little advent calendar idea. I was smitten, and so was Megan. Megan turned me on to the 70% off stockings (meant and sized for gift cards) at Winners after Christmas 2006. She also picked up some little Christmas-themed metal charms for me at a local scrapbook store, and graciously dropped off all the leftover ribbon from her project a couple of days ago. Dawn got in on the action and actually mailed me old-fashioned peg clothespins all the way from New Jersey, since I couldn't for the life of me find any around here. Then Andrea posted a list of what she's stuffed her advent calendar with - many being ideas I have now stolen. How would I ever get stuff like this done on my own?

My advent calendar got finished off tonight, when Chad was away at a funeral visitation and after I stayed up with Liam to watch (most of) The Polar Express. Nothing like leaving it for the last minute, eh? Hopefully some of this mess on our dining room table will get cleaned up over the next couple of days. Some of it is advent calendar business, some of it is a holiday minibook, some of it is holiday ornaments and gifts. All of it is a lot of good holiday craftiness. I've been enjoying the cutting-and-pasting this week.

0 comments: