Friday, November 02, 2007

One last Halloween jag

Before we move onto next season, I've spent the past day or two wrapping up the last. The Halloween decor is (mostly) put away. I picked up some cool skeleton lanterns on clearance for 70% off. I finished off the October calendar, and did a simple Halloween page for each of the kids' books: And a spread for my Halloween album, too. The left hand side of each spread is a simple montage of photos from that year's Halloween inside a black border - here is this year's:And then the right hand side is the text. Hmmm, can I get my Word document to post as a picture file?? (By the way, I totally stole this idea from a book called Clean and Simple Scrapbooking: The Sequel.)And with all that behind us, it's now full force into the winter holidays (kind of weird when the trees are still hanging onto their leaves, but there's no stopping progress, right?) I have already started my Christmas shopping and have found a ton of cool things I think the kiddos will love - just trying to narrow it down to a manageable amount! I also scored a pair of Christmas PJs for Liam on eBay today to match the pair I picked up for Mallory last year. I can't wait for them to wear them. And, I also made a non-Christmas purchase... I saw these chandeliers and couldn't help but go back to get one for Mallory's room. I don't think we'll put it up now, since our house will be on the market in a few months and we'll just have to switch it out again - it will be a new house item. Soooo loving the girly stuff!!

0 comments: