Tuesday, November 06, 2007

You can't go home again

I've been feeling lazy with respect to posting lately... hence the lack of content... I find it hard to believe I've had as much to say for 2.5 years as I have... maybe I need a break to recharge my batteries. Sometimes I wonder how long this web page will keep going - will I still be posting cute naked shots of the kids when they're 10? (Ha ha. No.) Or will I run out of steam long before then? Am I running out of steam now? One thing is for sure, as soon as Blogger starts charging for bandwidth... that will be the beginning of the end! But I digress...

Today I schlepped Mallory down to baby group again, and while she seemed to enjoy herself, I can't shake the feeling that it's just not as much fun as it was the first time around. Partly I think this is because, when I was there with Liam, I made some good Mommy Friends who I looked forward to seeing every week. I have yet to make the same personal sort of connections this time around. Partly I also feel less pressure to take Mallory, because she is around Liam all the time, and sees his little daycare friends twice each Tuesday, and gets out to a baby swim once a week too; she just has exposure to other kiddos already, without me having to force it. And partly, I'm just lazy. The other stuff that doesn't get done all week - sometimes it just seems easier to stay home on a Tuesday when I don't have to worry about Liam, and do it then. I get that same sense of relief from Mallory - if I let her, she sleeps a lot on Tuesdays. I think keeping up with Liam the other six days of the week wears her out and she needs to recharge, too.

So, we'll see how long we keep it up for. I do feel like, if for no other reason, I need to keep it up to keep both kiddos on a level playing field. Poor Mallory already gets the shaft in so many ways. This one, at least, is under my control.

0 comments: