Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The good, the bad & the ugly

The good: Mallory learned how to clap today. It's so cute. But then, you knew I was going to say that, right? The bad: After lunch, as I was trying to decide between taking a very tired Mallory to playgroup and putting her down for a nap so I could go for a run on the treadmill, I fell down the stairs and twisted my ankle something awful. So neither one of those things wound up happening. It's a miracle that Mallory didn't get hurt, because I was carrying her at the time. I was a few steps from the bottom and somehow just missed a step and went right down to the foyer floor with my right foot extended. Something tells me it will be a while before the treadmill and I have a date again. I thought I was doing OK but it's been getting steadily worse all night and I am missing my book club Christmas party as a result. Boo, hiss! We'll see if I'm able to walk in the morning. A trip to the doctor's office might be in order.
The ugly: so, you want the Christmas card story? Long story short: never buy anything from Creating Keepsakes, EVER. I ordered the super cute Christmas card kit from them on November 3 (it was put up for sale on November 1). Multiple phone calls and emails later and I had multiple stories about the date it had shipped, why it had been held up, etc. I called on Friday, December 7 to cancel my order, and the parcel arrived first thing on Monday, December 10. This was AFTER I spent the weekend designing a new card to go out. Stupid me decided to go with the original card kit (which, I might add, was postmarked on November 30, contrary to every story I'd been told). I spent two days madly assembling the cards and sending them out. The kits had a few faulty pieces and the envelopes were designed to be sealed shut with a single sticker. After I drop all the cards in the mail I log onto the internet and read that the stickers are falling off in the mail and people are getting empty envelopes delivered to them... after all that! So far I am hearing that my cards are getting through... some of them taped together by the kind folks at the post office though... anyway, never again will I go through this! The last few cards I sent out include the family photo in a NORMAL card and that is what I will stick with in the future!
Anyway, if you don't get a card from us this year, either you're off our list because you've been a jerk :) - or else your card failed to make it through the postal system. Sorry about that. I'll do better next year.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Mine arrived, pretty and intact, with no postal service adhesive assistance needed.

Anonymous said...

phew! Glad I didn't order them! (I was just about done checking out online and hit cancel at the last second!) Ours arrived and was in one very lovely piece. (LOVE this years picture!)

Hope your ankle is doing better! That is no fun at all...especially with kiddos to chase after!

And lastly...We are heading your way Friday. Are you free for visit in the afternoon? It will just be me and around 3 or 4.

Carrie said...

I will definitely be here Jenn... I am not making it out the door much these days! Let me see how tomorrow goes though before we arrange anything - Liam turned into a projectile vomiting machine tonight after dinner. I would hate to expose you to something like that!

Anonymous said...

Awe...poor little dude! I will actually be in town around 1:00 and I don't mind being around a little sicky if it means a little company...keep me posted!