Friday, December 07, 2007

Having figured it out

After our night out at the Santa Claus parade a few weeks ago, we came home and had some hot chocolate. I can't remember if Liam had any last year or not, but to say that it was a hit would be an understatement. We have also been making hot chocolate for our holiday movie nights, and drinking it after we come in from wintery walks as well.

We got some snow this week, and every morning Liam has been clamouring to get into his snowpants, mitts, hat, etc. and get out into the snow. I bundle him up, I subject Mallory to her snowsuit, I dig around for boots and mitts for myself. We get outside. It takes forever. We get halfway down the block, and suddenly Liam starts dragging his feet and asking to go home.

And as soon we turn back and are heading toward the house, he starts getting excited and talking about having hot chocolate when we get home.

With a clementine, natch.

I have finally figured out that the request to go for a walk is just a ruse to get the hot chocolate. Next time he asks, I'm going to call him on it, because it will save me an enormous amount of time and sweat and poor Mallory - to save her the agony of getting all marshmallowed up - well, she would like that.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

I wish the boys liked hot cocoa, I love coming in from the cold and snuggling up with a warm mug brimming with a handful of marshmallows! More for me though!