Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Look! Look! I finished my book!

Back in November, I was sifting through my scrapbook stash and saw that I had a lot of cool old stuff I wasn't using. I decided to make a mini book highlighting our holiday activities with the idea being that I wouldn't buy anything new for it. Well, I did buy the chipboard base for $4.25, as well as two sheets of rub-on alphabets from the dollar store. But the rest was found around the house. Some pages are mounted on chipboard... some are photos, printed and punched and put directly into the book... some are transparancies and some are ephemera - a ticket to our breakfast with Santa, a card Liam got in the mail, etc.I've been delinquent in posting lately, and it's all on account of computer stuff. Our internet connection is on the new machine, but all my photo and graphic stuff is on the old machine still, and it's becoming a PITA to constantly shuffle back and forth. I need to shell out the $90 for Photo Shop Elements on the new machine, but I hear a new release is coming out soon, possibly even this month - so I'm trying to be patient and see if that holds true. Having said that, I think I am a true Mac convert - there are so many cool features. I'll never go back. (Assuming I can get PSE up and running, of course!!)Mallory and I just came home from baby playgroup, where we attended a baby yoga class that was pretty dismal. I think to do baby yoga, the baby can't be more than about 5 months old. Mallory howled when I tried to lay her on her back and she didn't want to be held during any of the poses - just wanted to crawl around and poke the other babies and steal their suckies. Not so very relaxing. I took my camera, but the only ones getting any shots were the spectators.

Right now, Mallory is parked in front of the TV, watching 4 Square and chewing on her long lost Sophie with which she was just reunited (thanks Steph!) I need to get her away from the TV, though I also have my new issue of Wondertime which just arrived in the mail and I'd love to sneak a few minutes to read it. There's an article on Mommy Blogging - maybe it's what I need to get the mojo going again.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

love, love, love love love, love, love this! Did I mention how wonderful it is?? GREAT job! I know how time consuming it is to put these books together!