Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Picture day

We spent this morning at Deanna's house doing some more maternity shots for her. (Deanna is just one month away from having boy-girl twins; how cool is that?) Deanna was kind enough to snap a photo of me with each of the kids at my request, and here's the one I wound up with of Liam. Whenever I try to have my picture taken with him, I can usually get him to smile (usually by tickle, or threat thereof), but he's always doing his shifty eyes. It used to drive me nuts, but now I know that's just him, and I actually kind of like it. It makes the picture seem less contrived.

It's funny how the unplanned things usually wind up turning into the best pictures, at least where kids are involved. While I like this shot of Liam and I quite a bit, I don't think it tells even half the story its full, uncropped version does:If this doesn't perfectly epitomize the little sister who's always trying to tag along... I don't know what does. If I were going to frame one of these to put up on the wall, I think the full version would have to be it.

And, yes, I got a shot of Mallory and I, too, just to play fair.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures.