Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Random Tuesday

Over the past few days, Mallory has eaten lasagne, grilled cheese, salmon and Yorkshire pudding, all with great gusto. I think it is safe to say now that her baby food days are behind her. I have a hilarious video clip from a couple of days ago, when we got the latest round of flyers, wherein Liam takes the grocery store flyer, sits down with it and starts listing off all the things we should buy this week, ending each statement with, "...because it's on sale." Like, "We should get some Oreo cookies, because it's on sale." One of the things that's on sale this week is baby food and he was clearly puzzled that I didn't stop by to pick up a few jars. Too bad I don't have the camcorder wired to the new computer yet or else I could upload it here. Hmmm.... maybe I will work on that this afternoon.
I took Mallory to see Dr. Bailey this morning and I'm afraid that her rash (which is doing better but which is still very much present) is eczema. The good thing about this is that she has all-over-her-body eczema but does not appear to be the slightest bit itchy - so for an eczema sufferer, she has it good. The bad thing about it is that she has eczema which is very often a precursor for asthma. And while there are worse things she could have, it breaks my heart to think that Chad and I, who (try to) live a very active lifestyle, may have a child who has difficulty with that someday. Anyway, there's not much we can do about it and no sense in worrying now about what may or may not come to pass. We've been running a cool mist humidifier in her room for the past few weeks, which seems to be helping, and lubing her up well after her (infrequent, curtailed) baths. So at least it's under control.
Otherwise... not too much is new. So I'm off to get the movie camera, and see if I can't get one more thing converted. Maybe I'll get that clip up here after all.

3 comments:

megan said...

I too have asthma and it has never stopped me from any physical activity, laziness and procrastination may have, but never the asthama.

BTW when do we go to Great Wolf Lodge, I am at placement and want to ask to leave early that day.

Carrie said...

I know it doesn't hinder everyone... but still... I hope to not have to deal with it at all.

The Fri/Sat is the 25th/26th. Woot woot!

Dawn said...

I wanna come!