Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whatchoo lookin' at?

We're going on a road trip this weekend!... heading out to Great Wolf Lodge for a little mid-winter getaway. This is fantastic on many levels: we haven't done anything even remotely vacation-y for quite some time, and I can hardly even remember the last time I was outside of our city limits. Liam is giddy over it and I can't wait to see how much fun he has. (Hopefully there is something there for Mallory to do...)

Having said that... there's a flip side to every coin. The flip to this one is that we are going on a group rate being offered by our office's social club. Which basically means that we will be running into coworkers at every turn. The point of a getaway is to leave the everyday behind, but this scenario may well have me thinking about work more than I have in a long long time... not something I really look forward to doing.

Additionally, we're going to a WATERPARK with our coworkers... meaning we will all be wearing our bathing suits in front of each other. Not only do I not want to imagine a lot of my coworkers like that, I don't want them seeing me like that, either. I made a resolution a few weeks ago (you know, when it was the 'in thing' to do) to lose 15 pounds prior to going back to work. (I needed the deadline there for a purpose - I need to be able to fit into my work clothes!!) But it hasn't been going well. It's not my fault, though. First, my evil sister gave me an ice cream maker for Christmas, and what kind of ungrateful sister would I be if I didn't put it to use right away? And second, I discovered Pioneer Woman's chocolate cake and oh, my... is it ever good.

Oh well. This lack of weight-loss progress didn't stop me from heading out this morning to stock up on munchies and treats at the grocery store - I hear the food at the hotel is way overpriced and not even good - and this afternoon we are going to whip up a batch of cookies and another of muffins to further sate the hunger that all the swimming and watersliding is bound to create. It's a good thing that ice cream isn't portable and the chocolate cake is really quite messy... otherwise those could well be making the trip with us, too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun at the lodge - we know Liam will enjoy the water.