Friday, February 01, 2008

"I think I must be coming down with something, because I'm starting to feel congested"

So... how about that Lost last night? I loved it, though I admit that's largely just due to the fact that IT IS ON. I ask a lot of my TV programming, right? If it exists, then it must be good...

Yeah, so we didn't learn a whole lot, but... I liked it all the same. I was relieved to hear reference to the Oceanic 6 since I was dying to know how many Losties made it off the island, but... now the burning question is... who are the other 3 we don't know about?

Sure, I would love to know why they need to get back to the island so badly, but come on... this is Lost... I have no illusions that that nugget of info will be spilled prior to, I dunno, midway through Season 5.

Anyway, moving on. This morning, despite all the hype about the storm of the century that resulted in the preempting of all 3 hours of the Today Show (boo, hiss), we went out and played in the snow and didn't find it all that bad. We shovelled the driveway, we went for a sled ride around the block - and Liam didn't even come home demanding hot chocolate.

This afternoon I have been crossing tasks off the to-do list. Email to real estate agent: check! Facial appointment: check! Password reset so I can log into my work email/files: check! My last work log-in happened back in August, people. And here is a sad but true story: I had to call the IT help desk to get help logging in because I was logging in under the domain name of the company we ceased to be a part of more than a year ago. I know I have been out of the office for a long time, and there is a lot that I forget for valid reasons, but forgetting what company I work for? I'm going to have a hard time getting anyone to believe that little bit of dimwittedness can be validated.

(Yes - that is a pea up her nose. Don't worry, it is no longer there.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mal, you look so cute even with the pea up your nose. Gramma and Grampa really miss you.