Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Melt my heart

Lately, I have found this little apple dumpling just completely irresistible. Maybe it's because her birthday is looming and I'm getting all misty-eyed because of it, or maybe it's because I'm going to be spending a lot less time with her soon when I go back to work, and I'm getting misty-eyed at THAT... regardless... I could just eat her up. She is teetering on the brink of walking right now. For the past few days she has taken a teeny tiny step or two here or there, and I said to Chad just yesterday, "Two weeks from now, she will probably be running all over the place." He then reminded me that two weeks from now, he's going on a business trip, and he hopes not to miss the walking debut on account of it!... so now I am really hoping she gets on it soon. This morning she took four steps in a row, so maybe she heard our silent prayers. Just tiny, tiny steps - shuffling along an inch at a time - but she's getting there.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

loving her little green barrette! She is a cutie for sure!

I have to thank you for the "I'm FU*&^NG Matt Damon" song, it is so stuck in my head!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gah!...she so just sooo stinkin cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

Priceless. We cann't get over how much she is changing.