Friday, March 28, 2008

The end of an era

Today is my last day as a SAHM. Possibly - likely - forever. But there is time enough to ponder and cry over that next week, once I'm back at work. Today is not for that. Today is for wrapping up all the things I'd hoped to accomplish by the time this day came; I just never counted on it coming so fast. I'm trying to get the house back in some semblance of order, because our list date has been set and is now just two weeks away. I am trying to get some birthday party details taken care of, because I start back to work and then spend the next two weekends in Party Central. I'm trying to get Photoshop Elements installed on the Mac so we can finally ditch the PC. Yesterday I spent two hours wrestling with my sewing machine, and now I'm trying to find someone to service it (yeah - that didn't go so well). And I'm trying to savour the last little bit of life like this: a fun trip to the OEYC this morning, a batch of Rice Krispie squares, and a couple of bedtime stories, with all three of us crammed into Liam's bed, before naps. These are the things I will miss the most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow!! :)

Anonymous said...

Another milestone Car - all the best in the increased responsibilty.