Thursday, March 20, 2008

How did I get here?

My baby started daycare today. My baby started daycare!

She was fine, of course, and I am mighty proud of myself for not crying, too. (You might recall that I was a bit of a mess the last time I did this.) The nice things about being here again are: I know how much Liam loves being at Cindy's. I know Cindy (when I first left Liam with her, I had only met her a couple of times). Mallory knows Cindy, too, having been through her door twice each Tuesday for the past year. And, I love that Mallory has Liam and Liam has Mallory - he was quite excited for her to stay with him today.

Mal did not bat an eye when I left, though she gave me a super-big cheesy grin when I came back two hours later to get her. She spent the majority of her morning pushing a doll around the room in a stroller, which cracked me right up because we don't have a toy stroller at home; and yet she knew exactly what to do with it, rummaging through all of Cindy's toys for a doll, plunking her in and setting about being a little mama.

Next week, Mallory goes back for a half day, and then full time starting March 31st. I am leaving the option of a full day next Friday open, just in case she needs more time to acclimate, but I don't think we'll need it. She is more than ready for this next phase of her life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it went well for ALL of you. ((hugs)) Everything you've said has made it sound as if you are truly blessed to have found Cindy to care for your children. The activities you describe and excitement Liam has for them is something it sounds as if Mallory will enjoy too.

Having someone you trust with your children is a huge gift, and I'm glad you've got that.