Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Poor lil' Miss Misery

For the first time in about six months, Mallory is cutting some teeth. She's got one through on the top left and another on the brink on the top right, and Lord help you if you get in her way today, because she is likely to chew on you and man, her existing teeth are sharp as all get out.

The teeth are giving her little red cheeks and a nose that runs so much, she ought to be dehydrated by now. I took the kids to the Early Years Centre today for the second time in as many days, because it is crap outside and I did not want us staring at the walls all morning, and I was a bit too slow this morning to get out to the pool. I think I detected some dirty looks from the other moms, like How dare you bring your sick kiddo down here to mingle with my healthy one? - a pox on you! At least if we'd been swimming, she just would have looked wet. I lobbed the Poor girl, she's teething line out as often as I could in our defense, and also thought, screw it - one more week of this and then I am back behind a desk at work, unlikely to see most of these people again until the kids start school!

I am busy catching up on some stuff and will get to some more posting when I can... the tempo is starting to pick up around here, and I am still busy bracing myself for the ride.

0 comments: