Monday, March 10, 2008

Waking up on the wrong side of the bed

It's one of those days, and I hope it's not starting one of those weeks. Chad left first thing this morning for a week out west, and wouldn't you know that he forgot to set his alarm FORWARD one hour before leaving? (Yes, he did catch the plane). Liam has been fighting a snotty nose for several days now and Mallory - my goodness, Mallory. She went to bed just fine, but woke up this morning caked in ick from her eyebrows down to her neck, and her crib sheet, which was just changed yesterday, is FILTHY. Where is all this stuff coming from??

I spent two hours in the lawyer's office this morning, reviewing our house contract, which as it happens requires some revision. (I would have preferred not to be there alone with Chad away, but it was the only time they could slot us in; so I took copious notes, and thank goodness Aunt Di was available to babysit!)

As such we did not make it out for our now-traditional Monday Morning Grocery Shopping Excursion. It's as if the universe has disintegrated into anarchy, we all feel so out of sorts by it. I keep telling Liam we will go when he wakes up from his nap, and he is still pretty confused.

We have a busy week planned, but we will have to take it day by day - I am already feeling behind and I am only 5 hours into my swinging-it-alone stint. A normal week may have been OK, but the sick kids are really throwing me off. Still, it could have been worse. Thank goodness that big storm came through before Chad left and gave him enough time to dig us out. The snow is up over Liam's head in places now. It's insane!Assuming I can keep my head above water this week, there will be more to come... starting with Mallory's 11-month review (which I am going to wrap up just as soon as I'm done here). I can't believe that when I write the next one, that's it. Sniff sniff. Although... that'll be one less thing to worry about, and simplifying? That's always a good thing.

1 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow! Look at that snow!!!! Very envious! Sorry the kiddos are sick, having our own sick issues here too if it helps!