Monday, April 07, 2008

The aftermath

Yesterday was Mallory's birthday party. *sniff sniff* I held it together well, though there were a few times when I thought I would get all blubbery. There was enough food (there were times when I thought we'd run out - don't ask me why because I'm sure we'll be eating leftovers for another 3 days). There were favours made that I then forgot to hand out (I'll put them in the mail). There was a chance to use the pretty pink and purple serving pieces I bought on clearance at Winner's the week we found out we were having a girl - I knew they would come in handy someday! And there was the discovery that Mallory likes vanilla much more than chocolate - her first cupcake did not go over well, but her second was devoured!

If I thought I was wiped out on Friday after the end of a workweek, that doesn't even compare to how I feel now on Monday morning. A huge huge thank you to Dana and my mom, who cleaned up the whole kitchen when all was said and done and trust me - it was a disaster! If it weren't for them I'm sure the kitchen would still be in the same state now, because we were zonked by the time the party was over. We thought we'd be way early getting to bed last night, but the kids had late naps and were then late to go down, and to top off an already incredibly long day... Mallory's teeth turned into an issue (I felt a new one yesterday I'd never felt before), and after much fuss I got up with her and rocked with her until she felt better. Then I came into work this morning for 7 a.m. so I could shadow one of the volume planners. Can you say, zzzzzzzzz?

I have a whole Flickr set of birthday pics that I will link to when I get them uploaded, but I was just too tired to finish them up last night - hoping to do that later today.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Mallory!!!!!

Carrie-get on those photos, this entry is useless without MORE pics! LOL! Forget the Volume Planner.......whatever that may be! LOL! PRIORITIES!

Dawn said...

by the way, that cupcake looks DELICIOUS!!!!

Carrie said...

OK, OK, here's the rest of what I got through last night! Sheesh, some people are so impatient! :)

(There are not a lot of pics missing... just a few. I wish I'd gotten more people pictures - I am so bad for always neglecting that... and poor little Liam, he doesn't even appear here once!!)

linky loo

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Carrie. You worked so hard on the party and everything was just wonderful.