Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Party time

Mallory's first birthday party is coming up this weekend. ("I can't believe it's here already!" - yadda, yadda yadda…) In the future, we may decide to do a joint party for both kids, but I wanted Mallory's first birthday to be something girly and special and just for her. (Since their events are split up, Liam is having his first ever 'friends' party next weekend (details on that sure to follow), so he has something to look forward to as well.)

Luckily I have been working on the details of Mallory's party for the last couple of months, because frankly this week has been kind of overwhelming, and if we had to pull it all together at the last minute, I doubt it would amount to anything more than some takeout pizza and a candle stuck into a Twinkie. It is not a big or lavish party by any means, but how can you throw your baby girl her very first birthday party and not get caught up in the fun? For me, the planning of these sorts of things is almost more fun than the event itself, so I have enjoyed spending some naptimes and nights designing an invitation and making some decorations and planning a menu. And unlike Liam, who insisted that Spider Man fulfills his heart's desire, Mallory gave me the chance to dream up whatever I wanted for her event. I know that kind of freedom won't last forever!

Now I just need to figure out what to do for Chad's birthday… did I mention that it's tomorrow? Eeeek!

0 comments: