Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Enabler alert!

It's been a while that I have been meaning to post this, and I am finally getting around to it. For a couple of years I had been faithfully saving the product codes printed on the packages of Pampers and wipes that we've gone through... kind of like air miles, only in terms of diapers. You follow? You can choose from a catalog of DVDs, Duplo sets, etc. when you rack up enough points. One of the options, at the 100 point level, is a Shutterfly photo book. To be honest, Shutterfly is not my preferred photo printer, and I had no use for their photo books (which you CANNOT create without a cheesy background template), until they came out with their first actually-pretty-cool template: Everyday Life. They came out with this right as I hit the 95 point level and was wondering how to redeem them when I hit 1-0-0, and it naturally followed that I would put together a book and get it free with my points.

Here is the result. I love how it turned out. It's not fancy - just random assorted photos from my time off with the kids, photos that didn't make it into the scrapbooks on their own, photos that would otherwise have fallen through the cracks - but some of my very favourite photos of all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO cool!!!!!

I've been wondering what to do with my points and I think I've decided! :D

Anonymous said...

Carrie, it looks awesome! I can't wait to get my hands on it and take some time to flip through it! :)

Dawn said...

looks wonderful, saw that over on AE's and thought is was a great idea, yours rocks!

Savannah said...

What a wonderful book! i love that everyday life design--I'm trying to put together enough photos to do one myself.

Btw, you can do a Shutterfly book without all the backgrounds and stuff. It's called a digital scrapbook, and it has completely blank pages where you just upload your photos or scrapbook layouts and they fill the whole page.

Carrie said...

Ah, I forgot about that - the blank page option. That wasn't available when I did a photobook through My Publisher last summer. I thought about saving up my scrapbook pages and doing a hardcover book through Shutterfly at year end but who am I kidding - I don't have the patience to wait for the gratification. I rather like getting a package in the mail from the printer every month with another batch of pages! Thanks for the reminder though!