Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fair weather friend

I am positively d-y-i-n-g for summer to get here. Yes, there's the matter of going stir-crazy at the seemingly endless icy blasts (frost last night! I mean, really!) But there's another reason: it's because Mallory has got simply the cutest little summer wardrobe, and I can't wait to get her into it. Not only is there the load of girly girl clothes I picked up last summer on clearance; there's also a big pile of birthday presents that will turn her into the cutest little munchkin evah. We had one day in the 80s this week and look how sweet she looked in her new threads! (One downer though: poor little thing took her first digger into the pavement, and look at her poor scraped-up knees...)

My birthday is later this week, and I clearly remember spending the day last year out at Mitchell's Bay, with an almost-brand-new Mallory napping in her car seat while Liam ran amok on the splash pad. I have the day off this year, and I so wish we could repeat that trip. Sadly though... I don't think the weather is going to cooperate.

0 comments: